Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, November 19, 2007

Surfing and substance abuse

 
I bring up the subject of substance abuse as it relates to my surfing life, not actual substance abuse, but the way I sometimes use surfing as a psuedo-drug.
If the work load is too demanding, dump it and go surfing. If I don`t want to deal with something I have to do- postpone it and go surfing. Today I had some distracting family issues and my impulse was to go surfing and deal with it later. It would be in my best interest to just face the challenge at hand and deal with it, but there is a character weakness at times that has a hard time doing what is right,right now.
I am in no danger of the legal and societal issues involved in actual substance abuse, yet I need to be aware that any good thing can be abused and have negative repercussions.
I`ll still try to get out tomorrow if it`s on, but today I just realized that a good surf session isn`t always the thing I need!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beetlejuice said...

howzthattoolworkin'

rspeer said...

the bonzer seems a little fickle. Some days I love it, it seems to like the steep sections but backside in the flat is a problem sometimes.

rspeer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.