Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, January 6, 2008

NFL playoffs

I spent the day in San Diego at the Chargers game, which they won and that`s cool. But I have to say how great it is to join the large crowd and stand as our National anthem is sung by 60,000 people. Today a color guard from the USS Rushmore unfurled an American flag that covered most of the field, while 2 F-18 fighter jets did a low altitude flyover. I know there are those who would sneer at this as manipulative patriotic showboating but I kind of tear up at this. I know our country gets a lot of things wrong but we were founded on some idealistic, God-given principles and I feel we are still one of the greatest forces for good on the planet.I`m glad to see a stadium full of people who appreciate our country
Posted by Picasa

No comments: