Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day

It has been only 42 years since King`s march from Selma. It hasn`t been that long since our country was stained by very ugly racial practices. Today we recognize a man and a movement who did so much to change this nation for the better. When this holiday was proposed I wasn`t exactly behind it ( just another day off for govt. workers) but I now see the value of the day. Of course, we`ve still got things screwed up a bit, I don`t think most people of color can afford the day off and many of us in OC take the day to go skiing. I`m sure that wasn`t the intent.
But I`ll put my cynicism aside and remind myself of the power of Dr.Kings faith and beliefs . He was a man led by God`s truth and the results of his work happen in God`s good time. I hope this day grows in importance through the coming decades.

No comments: