Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home from Gulfport







I`m finally back home from Mississippi and looking forward to my own bed tonight. The experiences of the past week keep rolling through my head and I`d best write some of it down before I lose it. But I`m kinda tired right now......
The work we did this week may not have made a big difference in light of how much remains to be done, but it made a huge difference in the life of Mamie Ramsey and her family.This week had a huge impact on my life as well.
We stood on the porch of her old house speaking to her grandson, Tyree, and he said that his grandmother is too tough to let us see her emotion but that she tears up when we leave at the end of the day. As we were leaving he said " Most people just talk the talk, but what you`re doing , this is church"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: