Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day # 21,053

         Couldn`t sleep last night and lay awake awhile, I found myself calculating how many days I`ve been a physical presence on this planet (wierd-I know) and came up with the number 21,053.Twenty one thousand and fifty three days .
       I woke up before dawn and got up to read email, make the coffee and head off to work, witnessing another nice sunrise in transit, worked the job for awhile and then blew out to surf when the tide got right. A beautiful summer day on March 31st,  (the water warmed to 63 degrees ), you could see snow on the mountains and bikinis on the beach. The surf was small,but still I couldn`t help but enjoy the miracle of energy moving through water that we can hitch a ride on.
       21,053 days, that number ran through my head all day, how many days have I just wasted? How many days have I actually lived to the fullest? Those days are a gift from God that I should take seriously, what is my life purpose that God put before me and am I even close to living it? I want to live a life pleasing to God and agonize over my shortcomings. Maybe I`m over-complicating the issue, maybe it`s his will that I smile at a stranger, help a friend, pause to enjoy the beauties of Creation, just try to be a force for the good.
   I don`t know how many days I have left but I`m grateful to God for the days past and will try to live his will in the days to come.
   

No comments: