Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, November 9, 2009

Road trip

 
 
 
 
Left at dawn in a cold fog, endured early morning traffic through the westside of America`s second largest city and finally spilled down onto the agricultural plain of Ventura co.As I drove I wondered if it was worth the hassle to drive 120 miles for surf when there was a perfectly acceptable swell at home ,to blow off a days work and spend over 2 hours in the car chasing swell, but as C-street came into view and I could see clean lines sweeping down the point I was glad to make the journey. Solimar was breaking, shifty peaks at Seacliff, consistent headhighs corkscrewed thier way through the pier at Mussel shoals, and finally I could see whitewater at Indicators. Big smile as I drove.
The crowd was light-medium and spread all through the point, I settled in at the rivermouth and tried to catch the lines that didn`t connect from outside. I did`nt get very many and the ones I got weren`t the best but I was still happy just to be out there. I told myself that this winter I`d try to actually make an effort to get out and surf some of the spots I rarely get to, Blacks, Sunset Cliffs, Ventura and SB breaks. Today at least I got off my butt and went, and that made for one satisfying day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Deek Worlery said...

Nice POst!!