Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, December 29, 2008

Funeral for a good man...

 
I attended the funeral of a good man today, he was a friend, although I didn`t know him all that well, only saw him once a year at most, but I knew him and liked him. Steve battled cancer over the last 15 years ,occaisionally losing pieces of himself to the disease ,yet cheerfully and gratefully going about his life ,till he finally passed on Dec.23. Maybe the fact that he walked through the "valley of the shadow of Death" for so long caused him to live each day as a precious gift, to treat his family and friends with love because he appreciated them more, knowing how temporal this life is.
His memorial today was a great gift to me , one I hope I hang on to and don`t let fade with time. This life is but a flash in time , hug your wife, love your kids,spend time with friends, live your life in a way that brings joy to those who know you and a life that gives Glory to God. Thanks Steve.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: